Media Focus on Africa (MFA) with the support of Global Affairs Canada, UN Women Kenya and the Delegation of the European Union to the Republic of Kenya is implementing Ms President Season 2.
MS PRESIDENT BACKGROUND
Ms. President is an entertaining, educating and thought-provoking Reality TV show that seeks to portray to the national audience the capacity and ability of women to lead effectively. This is the first time that a reality TV format has been adapted and used for women empowerment programme in Kenya. The objective is to change Kenyans’ perception and attitude towards leadership by women in communities and in the country. Through a series of tasks and challenges, contestants (all female) display their leadership capacity and ability on National TV. The series showcase intelligent and articulate women who are Presidential with the aim of increasing the chances of women in Kenya taking up leadership positions. Ms President is conceptualized, produced and broadcast by Media Focus on Africa. Between January 30th and July 31st 2019, 26 episodes of the Ms President season 1 TV show were produced and broadcast attracting average weekly viewership of 3.5 million.
Following the successful production and airing of Ms President Season 1, Media Focus on Africa has launched Ms President Season 2. Ms President Season 2 will contribute to Enhancing Women’s Participation in Political Leadership and Decision Making in Kenya via a multi-media program
complemented with community dialogue and capacity strengthening for key stakeholder groups.
Coming in the backdrop of the 2022 election makes Ms President Season 2 relevant and timely.
The specific objectives are:
- Targeted communities’ capacity to reduce discrimination against women in political leadership enhanced,
- Media stakeholders’ capacity to promote women positively in media increased,
- President TV Show produced and broadcasted nationally to sensitize the public to women’s leadership capabilities.
The project’s main activities are:
- Ms President Reality TV show’
- Ms President Radio Shows,
- Training and Mentorship for female filmmakers,
- Community Dialogues,
- Media Monitoring.
MFA is seeking a gender specialist/consultant to support the implementation of the Ms President 2 project. The gender specialist/consultant will work in close coordination with the MFA programs team. The gender specialist/consultant will perform the following functions:
- Provide the overall technical guidance and advice to ensure high-quality implementation of the Ms President 2 project.
- Support MFA programs team during the implementation of Ms President 2 project to ensure gender outcomes and indicators are consistently captured and reported on
- Provide hands-on gender mainstreaming guidance and support to the MFA programs team
- Facilitate gender-sensitive media production training for the Television and radio shows production crew/team
GENDER SPECIALIST/CONSULTANT PROFILE
- A post graduate qualification in gender or related studies
- At least 10 years of experience in managing gender programs
- Proven experience in program development, management, monitoring and reporting on gender
- Experience with integrating gender in media and media programming is an added advantage
- Extensive knowledge of Kenya’s constitutional and legal framework on gender
Interested and qualified gender specialists/consultant should submit their applications as follows:
- A detailed recent curriculum vitae
- Relevant cover letter
- 2 references from prior clients
Deadline to submit the application: 13th March 2022
Please submit your application to